Monday, February 18, 2013

TV/Fire Room Updated

We have finished the first phase of this year's work on the house.  The TV room has been painted and rearranged.  We spent four days working on this room - from dismantling it to painting and then putting up the new ceiling!  Those boards are heavy, but the new air nailers worked great!  I could hold the boards up long enough to nail them up.  It looks great.  It even feels warmer with the beams all covered.  Gray-C was totally confused as to what was going on.  She didn't care for all the noise and paint smell, so she spent most of those four days upstairs.  But now, there are all kinds of new things to check out. Tomorrow, we start on the guest bathroom.  The new wood floor should be down by Thursday and that will be the end of this winter's projects. 

I have had some time to try my new loom out and I can make some pretty good woven scarves now.  I think I need a bigger loom now, as one can only use so many scarves........  I am definitely enjoying this!!

On an outside note, the chickens are not enjoying the cold too much.  When it flurries, they spend most of their time inside eating.  Sounds like the rest of us!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment